Local Business Requirements
- Businesses either reside in Airdrie or area (area accepted for listing businesses include Calgary, Cochrane, Crossfield, Carstairs, Didsbury, Irricana, Beiseker, Balzac, Acme, Olds and Kathryn).
- If your business services Airdrie or area (see above), the owner or manager must also reside locally in Airdrie or area (see above).
- Every business, occupation or trade that is carried on with the intention of making a profit within the City of Airdrie limits requires a business licence issued by the City of Airdrie, as regulated under the Business Licence Bylaw. See link to confirm for your business. https://www.airdrie.ca/index.cfm?serviceID=1201
- Photo of the above licence is required when building your listing.
Website Link Requirements
- You are not required to have a website to have a business listing.
- Social Media links or pages, groups are permitted in listing but will not be hyperlinked.
- If you provide a business website, it must have its own domain name.
- You must submit your main page and not a subpage like for example www.yourwebsite.com/computershop.html.
- Websites with racist or sexist content will not be permitted on your listing.
- Websites with adult related content (personals, sexual devices, pornography) will not be permitted on your listing.
- Businesses whose websites sell medications or drugs directly to consumers, will not be permitted on your listing until confirmed they meet all regulatory requirements determined by all levels of Canadian government.
- A website that consists mainly of categories of affiliate links on it will not be permitted on your listing.
- A website which the main content comprises promotion of products that are finally sold through another party and not by yourself will not be permitted on your listing.
- Too little (even if original) content website will not be permitted on your listing.
- Websites with too many pop-ups or pop-up messages that requires an action other than to shut down the pop-up in question, will not be approved. (One pop-up is OK. Pop-ups that spawn new pop-ups are not allowed.)
- Too many non-working links on your website can also be grounds for not permitting your website link on your listing.
- Complete Flash sites without an available HTML version will not be permitted on your listing.
- Websites with an automated Free-For-All links page will not be permitted on your listing.
The final decision if your website meets the requirements or not is made totally at our discretion. It may be for other reasons than the above stated. The reason for non-approval will not be made public to the applicant in question. Our decision is final and cannot be overruled according to this agreement. A listing does not require a website to be approved and you can modify your listing later once your website does meet our guidelines.